Wright Insurance Brokers was founded in 2012 by insurance industry experts and Wexford natives Tony & Breda Wright under the umbrella of Wright Group Ltd, a leading company in the Irish insurance sector employing over 160 people. Our national headquarters are located in the heart of Wexford town with a service desk also located in Carlow.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job financial experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Wright Insurance Brokers, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Wright Insurance Brokers. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
- Acquire new skills in each area relevant to your success in the position
- Assist the relevant team with the processing of documentation within their areas
- Follow good practice in ensuring the client’s best interests are served when dealing with clients
- Learn the key aspects of the Consumer Protection Code and Central Bank Compliance requirements
- Acquire knowledge on Insurer panels and learn about maintaining key relationships with them
- Learn about the relevant product offerings within each area
- Develop relevant IT skills on the systems used in-house
- Attend the online courses as required and various education days in Dublin or Sligo.
- Study to ensure the best chance of success for the educational programme.
- Adhere to the Company’s compliance as outlined in staff handbook and procedures manual
- Adhere to health & safety policy
- Effective diary management
Person Specification – Our Values
- Integrity: Doing the right thing in a reliable way while honouring the confidentiality of matters. Being open, honest and respectful at all times with our colleagues, with our customers and with all our stakeholders.
- Customer: We are 100% committed to doing what is right for our customers. We put our customer's wishes at the centre of our operations and thinking to build long-term relationships by delivering on commitments. Our focus is to build trust, loyalty and confidence. We listen carefully to our customer when carrying out a ‘needs assessment’ in order to identify the product that is best suited to the customer.
- Communication: We believe in open and honest communication using a broad range of communication styles and choosing appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Innovation: Be more creative in our thinking and more effective in our actions to improve processes, methods, systems, or services. We ignore the status quo and strive to find new and more efficient solutions that serve the needs of all of our stakeholder groups.
- Learning: We believe learning is fundamental to our progression and delivery of service. We encourage opportunities where learning and improvement enables talented people to realise their full potential.
Role specific attributes
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to the changing conditions
- Extremely well organised with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and work under pressure in a busy environment
- Teamwork essential and the ability to cross over multi-teams with ease
- Business literacy and numeracy; report writing, email writing, use of spreadsheets
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Time frames:
- Application submission with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application form completion- submitted by 7th June 2019
- 1st Round Interview – middle of June
- 2nd Round Interview – late June to early July
- Start date – circa 12th August 2019