Sales Support Administrator
Established in 1984, we at W.P O’Reilly & Associates Ltd. pride ourselves on being one of Ireland’s leading professional firms of financial advisors, specialising in Pensions, Investments, Protection and Mortgages. We offer professional advice on a range of products and hold agencies with a number of major lenders and insurance companies.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join W P O’Reilly, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at W P O’Reilly. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the role
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of the insurance market in order to carry out a Sales Support role for our Financial Consultants. You will learn how to be an effective communicator with our clients, insurance and mortgage companies.
Responsibilities of Sales Support Administrator;
- General office duties, including: answering the telephone, welcoming visitors, typing, filing, dealing with the post (both incoming and outgoing).
- Database administration.
- Compiling Client Reports and Policy Schedules.
- Assisting the sales team with administration.
- Processing New Business Applications.
- Liaising with Insurance and Mortgage Companies.
- Dealing with client queries by phone and face to face.
- Keep up with changes in the insurance market.
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in WP O’Reilly
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Discounted insurance products
- Education and development support
- Employee assistance programme offering confidential advice and support
- Free parking
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application process and time frames
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: 20th August 2019
- Planned start date (indicate a range): August/September 2019