Client Service Advisor Apprentice
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
About the Apprentice programme:
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Willis Towers Watson, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Willis Towers Watson. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the role
- Achieve best client service in an efficient and friendly manner ensuring all client and business deadlines are met
- Ensuring quality documentation both in terms of accuracy and presentation
- Provide general administration support including Dictaphone typing
- Updating and maintaining all Group systems such as Finmar and WOL
- Assist with non-complex renewals
- Maintain and utilise all relevant databases
- Perform quality checks on tasks completed by our Pre-Renewal Team in Mumbai
- Assist with the resolution of queries and follow up with the business and/or clients
- Comply with all company and regulatory standards and requirements
- Assist in the on-going development of company standards and procedures
- Assist in Project work to improve overall efficiency and operational excellence
- Filing and retrieving of information and documents
- Produce any required reports in a timely manner co-ordinating with all relevant teams
- Co-operate with all colleagues in a supportive, friendly and professional manner
Over time you will begin to take on additional responsibilities such as;
- Performing the Broking Role for a portfolio of Clients dealing with Renewals and all mid-term alterations and queries
- Support and find opportunities to enable growth of the existing client accounts and support the achievement of New Business targets
- Assist Clients/Claims team in handling of claims where appropriate or in the case of a difficult claim
- Foster beneficial insurer relationships
- Working towards CIP qualification through the ‘earn & Learn’ degree programme
- Excellent PC skills - Microsoft Packages
- Ability to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Ability to prioritise and work under time pressures
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Willing to be part of a team
Benefits of working in Willis Towers Watson
- This is an excellent opportunity to build a successful career within a global organisation. We pride ourselves on the professional development of our staff, work life balance and promotion from within.
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes
- Please submit your application via our careers page
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.