Customer Service Apprentice
Are you interested in working for a progressive world-class healthcare company? Vhi Healthcare is a provider of quality healthcare solutions. We are a dynamic and professional organisation with membership in excess of 1.1 million.
Vhi offers employees opportunities for advancement, continuous learning and development. In addition to salary, we offer an excellent benefits package.
Since 1957 Vhi has been helping people in Ireland to access the best value, quality private healthcare through its extensive range of diverse healthcare products and services.
We are proud to say that with more than one million customers, we continue to be the market leader for health insurance in Ireland. Our brand promise is 'When you need us, we're there' and this is true for practically every medical eventuality.
We are continuing to develop our range of quality products and services. As a market leader our objective is to become the premier provider of quality healthcare and financial products for our members throughout their lives.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job administrative and insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Vhi, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the programme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Vhi. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company
About the role
The role based in Abbey St. Dublin is for Customer Service Administrators. Training will take place in our Kilkenny office and expenses will be paid.
What this role entails:
This role is suitable to those who would like to be part of a dynamic team who interact daily with our Customers on a face to face basis. Responsibilities will also include supporting non telephony contacts including letter correspondence, e mails and administrative duties.
- Customer focused
- Team oriented
- Highly motivated & committed to the delivery of first class customer service
- Focused, diligent & committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time.
- Have excellent computer skills & proven administration skills
- Have excellent communication & influencing skills
- Be target driven and results focused.
- Have good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be an Accredited Product Advisor (APA/ CIP or Dip PMI) or willing to undertake same
Benefits of Working in Vhi
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Discounted insurance products
- Education and development support
- Staff Health & Wellness Programme – which covers both physical and mental health
- Subsidised Healthcare Insurance Scheme
- Employee assistance programme offering confidential advice and support
- Subsidised restaurant
- Very active Sports and Social club
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application process and time frames
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: 11th March 2020
- Start date: 30th March 2020
This is a CF-3 role under the Central Bank’s Fitness and Probity regime.
Vhi is an equal opportunities employer.
Part of the recruitment process may involve a video interview, details of which will be sent to you by e-mail if we are progressing your application.