Symmetry Financial Management are an Independent Financial Broker based in Dublin and we are happy to meet you at a time and location that are convenient to you. We take information security and the privacy of our clients very seriously. We employ industry leading security technologies and best practice policies in order to protect your information at all times. We are fully GDPR compliant and use encryption across our entire organisation for both the storage and transmission of data. Our clients can rest assured that we have taken extreme measures in our duty of care to protect any information provided to us.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Symmetry Financial Management, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Symmetry Financial Management. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the role
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Processing new business cases.
- Ensuring all files are fully compliant as per CBI & Internal procedures.
- Following cases from start to issue, communicating with the relevant providers/ solicitors/ estate agents.
- Communicating with clients keeping them up to date on the status of their applications.
- Providing support to the sales team when required.
- Dealing with queries by phone and email in an efficient and timely manner.
- Processing of Retirement Claims.
- Ad hoc duties as required
- gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers;
- advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals;
- keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries;
You must be;
- Working knowledge of MS Office package, in particular Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Good telephone manner and letter writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload.
Benefits of working in Symmetry Financial Management
- Competitive salary
- Annual Leave days increase each year
- Discounted insurance products
- Education and development support
- Free parking
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Time frames
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: ASAP
- Planned start date (indicate a range): ASAP