PSRA has been advising Ireland's public sector workers on their finances since 2007. First as Public Sector Retirement Advisors, now PSRA, no other independently-owned firm of advisors shares the depth of experience we can offer. The entire team at PSRA take pride in the accuracy and the quality of the financial advice delivered to our clients. Advice is delivered in a clear, easily-understood manner. Coupled with transparent and standardised fees, clients trust our advice and advisors.
More information on PSRA and our services is available at www.expertadvice.ie
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join PSRA, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at PSRA. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the life insurance, pensions and investments market in order to arrange suitable policies your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
- gather information from your clients, assessing their needs and risk profile;
- research life company policies to find the most suitable products for your clients at the best price;
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee your clients' needs;
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with life companies;
- keep up with changes in the market and in your clients' sectors;
- maintain a high level of performance and professional standards while achieving goals.
Examples below based on various personal specifications for job roles;
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Good presentation skills
- Reasonable strong numeric ability
Benefits of Working in PSRA
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Mileage and expenses allowance for time on the road
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support, costs of sitting exams covered by PSRA (repeats at your own expense)
- Convenient location
- Smart phone and laptop provided
- Clear career progression with high-earning potential.
- Access to additional benefits and further educational funding as career progresses.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Preference strongly given to those who have
- Full clean driving license and own car
- Previous sales or customer service experience
- Any financial services experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets in a workplace setting
- PSRA are hiring to expand our team of financial advisors on the road. While we welcome applications from all areas of the country, preference will be given to those located in geographical areas of particular business need.
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Applications for the position should be made, enclosing a full CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application submission please submit by: 12th April 2019
Planned start date (May 2019 – June 2019)