Financial Planner Apprentice
At Irish Mortgage Corporation, we have been helping our customers look after their mortgage and financial planning needs for over 29 years. We have thousands o Irish customers and we have over 25 people working for us in Ireland.
We are one of Ireland’s leading mortgage brokers and Financial Planning companies. We have a reputation for reliability and efficiency and are committed to our customers long term financial needs and objectives.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Irish Mortgage Corporation, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Irish Mortgage Corporation. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of life assurance protection, savings and investment and retirement planning needs for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective financial planner for our clients and meet their needs and objectives.
Responsibilities of Financial Planners;
- gather information from your clients, assessing their financial planning needs and match this against their risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies utilising proprietary software tools were appropriate
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries;
- gain an understanding and workings of the Irish residential mortgage market
- attend and be an active contributor to weekly team meetings
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of working in Irish Mortgage Corporation
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Discounted insurance products
- Education and development support
- Subsidised Healthcare Insurance Scheme
- Death in Service arrangement
- Employee assistance programme offering confidential advice and support
- Very active Sports and Social club
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Time frames:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: 15th August 2019
- Planned start date September 2019