Claims Handler Apprentice
Matrix Claims, established in 2002, are a dynamic, fast growing claims management company, who provide best in class claims and legal services to a number of Ireland’s top established insurers, both in an outsourced and “white label” capacity. We work primarily in personal injury claims management to deliver best in class service to our clients by reducing claims costs and claims lifecycle, and providing a professional, quality service to our clients’ customers and key stakeholders.
We work closely with a firm of solicitors to deliver seamless end-to-end personal injury litigation claims management, resulting in significant savings for our clients.
About the Apprentice programme
The Apprenticeship in Insurance Practice is a 3 year programme run in conjunction with the Insurance Institute of Ireland and IT Sligo, leading to a BA (Hons) in Insurance Practice. It is an “earn and learn” degree programme, combining on-the-job training with academic study.
The Apprentice will work full time in our Dublin city centre office, gaining an insight into the role of a claims handler, with one day a week engaged in formal learning and academic study, through distance learning modules.
Throughout the programme, the Apprentice will have an assigned Supervisor and Mentor to support their progress and assist in reaching their development and career goals.
About the role
We are seeking an ambitious and talented individual who has the potential to develop into a high performing business professional and join our highly motivated and professional claims team. The successful candidate will be initially involved in a support role to the team who handle a diverse portfolio of Motor, EL & PL claims for a number of clients.
Over the course of the three years, the Apprentice will learn the key skills involved in “cradle to grave” claim handling including how investigate, validate, assess, settle and negotiate claims, in line with the relevant client SLAs and KPIs, all relevant regulatory and compliance requirements and Matrix’s own internal best practice procedures. On successful completion of the relevant qualifications (APA, CIP), the Apprentice shall be given a portfolio to handle, commensurate with their skill level and experience.
The Apprentice will be dealing with multiple clients, working both on the clients’ own systems and our internal systems
- Support the Claims team to ensure effective assessment, investigation management and settlement of claims within SLAs & KPIs
- Assist the team in the proactive management of the overall portfolio to meet settlement targets with a focus on minimising overall claims lifecycle, claims costs/indemnity spend whilst providing an exceptional level of service
- Under supervision, the Apprentice will learn how to ensure cover and indemnity is correctly applied in all cases
- Under supervision, the Apprentice will learn how to carry out the appropriate checks to ensure the validity of claims
- Understand how to handle all claims in line with CPC requirements
- Learn how to identify and investigate any potentially fraudulent cases and liaise with the relevant client departments
- Provide first class customer service to ensure client and customer satisfaction
- Under supervision, and where appropriate, liaise with all relevant stakeholders – clients, Policyholders, brokers, service providers, solicitors (Plaintiff and defence), Injuries Board, etc
- Utilise and update all client and internal systems effectively and accurately, to ensure data integrity and facilitate reporting
- Engage in and support all client reporting requirements
- Provide an exceptional professional manner in all communication with customers/stakeholders
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and best practice approaches/process to all aspects of the business
- Maintain all relevant CPD hours
- Assist with client development where required
Benefits of working in Matrix Claims
- Competitive Salary
- Friendly, professional workplace
- Active Sports and Social Committee
- Convenient city centre location
- Generous holiday allowance
- Quality and results driven
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- The ability to take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team worker
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application process and time frames
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: 30th August 2019
- Planned start date: September 2019