Established in 1926 under an act of the Oireachtas, IPB Insurance is wholly Irish-owned and is the only indigenous mutual general insurance company in the Irish market. We specialise in bespoke insurance solutions within our core public service, education and health market segments and are now one of the largest liability insurers in the market.An experienced underwriter of major liability, property and motor risks, we insure some of the largest risks in the State in the public sector and complementary markets in the semi-state and private sectors.
Our original objective remains the same today as it did in 1926; a mutual insurer owned by Members to underwrite and manage their risk exposures. We believe that it’s not just about people buying from us, it’s about people buying into us. Working together, we can truly make a difference. Our mission is to build a world class business that puts you at the centre of our organisation and society at the heart of our goals.
During the 3 year programme in addition to the academic and professional studies, you will gain experience in our key areas of Underwriting, Claims, and Client Relationship Management. This means that you will get the opportunity to gain hands on experience such as:
- Work with Client Relationship Management to include learning on how we deal with our members
- Work in our Underwriting team to learn about how we underwrite risks and develop new products
- Learn about managing claims
In addition to meeting the entry requirements as set out by the Insurance Institute of Ireland, you will need to be able to work in a fast paced environment and you will be expected to be enthusiastic, motivated and keen to learn. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A track record of success and achievement in education, work experiences or extra-curricular activities/volunteering to date. We are looking for a demonstration of where you have taken on extra responsibility, delivered in challenging circumstances and shown your ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Highly effective communication (both in writing and verbally) and organisation skills
- Propensity to learn and apply learning in the work place – to benefit and contribute to the business and to provide assurance about your ability to pass Insurance Institute and degree modules alongside a work programme
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills – balancing multiple deliverables to agreed quality standards
- Critical reasoning and analytical skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient IT skills in MS Office.
IPB offers an attractive benefits package and salary. If you think this scheme is for you, please email your CV, proof of qualifications and cover letter to Majella Fuller, HR Manager, IPB Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.