At Hegarty Financial Management, we have been helping our customers look after their Financial needs for over 40 years. We currently have 7 people working for us and due to major growth in the industry, we are looking to expand our team.
We are an award-winning financial broker. We have a reputation for reliability and efficiency and are committed to our customers.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three-year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job financial experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Hegarty Financial Management, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Hegarty Financial Management. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
Financial Services – Administration Role
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of the Financial Services market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of administration staff in Hegarty Financial Management;
- Answering client queries as and when they call or directing them to the appropriate person who can;
- Update our Client Management System daily
- Keeping on top of your task/diary held within our client management system
- gather information from our clients, assessing their insurance/financial needs and risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies and the insurance market to find the most suitable insurance product/mortgage for our clients at the best price;
- ensure that our clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee our clients' protection needs, such as policy renewals or maturities;
- Process mortgage applications with various lenders when all paperwork has been provided to you by one of our advisors.
- Manage our new business pipeline for protection policies, investment policies, pensions and mortgages
- Prepare quotes for all products such as mortgage protection/ life assurance/ pensions etc;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with our clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with broker consultants, underwriters, bank officials and other professionals;
- keep up with changes in the financial services market
- Social Media & Marketing – we are looking for someone who has an interest in social media and updating the company social media pages/website and someone who would be happy to get involved in the preparation and issuing of our Monthly Update/E-zine to clients.
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Have an aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Have good negotiation skills
- Have problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in Hegarty Financial Management:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support
- Staff Health & Wellness Programme – which covers both physical and mental health
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Time frames:
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: Friday 17th May 2019
- Planned start date: June/July 2019