Commercial Account Executive
At BJP Insurance brokers, we have been helping our customers look after both their personal and commercial needs for over 40 years. We have an extensive customer base extending all across the country.
At BJP Insurance brokers, we are proud of our reputation as one of Ireland’s premier insurance brokers.
In business since 1979, we have acquired a wealth of knowledge and expertise, allowing us to provide the best possible advice and highly competitive insurance rates.
We place our customers first in everything we do and believe in an honest and upfront approach. These are principles that have stood the test of time and allowed us to grow from a local to a national provider.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join BJP Insurance brokers, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career within the insurance industry. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the role
Commercial Account Executive
The role will be based in our head office in Sandymount, Dublin 4. The role will involve achieving new and existing business goals and supporting the Team Leader in providing a high quality service to brokers, who support the insurance business. As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
- Contributing to a positive culture of teamwork, flexibility, learning and development
- Managing workloads to provide good service in a busy environment
- Driving performance with ability to work closely with team leaders and staff
- Building strong relationships with brokers and ability to collaborate across all teams
- Supporting our strategy and values within the team
- Finding solutions to difficult and challenging situations
- Interacting with loss adjusters and claims handlers for renewal reviews.
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals;
We are looking for a candidate who has some of the following attributes;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Takes ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Has attention to detail and time management
- Has the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
Benefits of working in BJP Insurance:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Small working teams
- Education and development support
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application process and time frames
- Application submission with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application submission please submit by: 06/09/2019
- Planned start date (indicate a range): 12/09/2019