AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our claims department along with exposure to the other business units, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join AXA XL, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at AXA XL. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
The role will involve providing support whilst developing the necessary skills and qualifications to support the claims department of AXA XL. The claims handled in the Dublin office are Excess Casualty claims (usually these claims occur in the US), Primary Professional Claims (usually Irish claims) and Primary Casualty claims (usually Irish claims).
What this role entails:
- Learning the lifecycle of a claim from first notification to getting it resolved.
- Learning the importance of all information entered onto claims systems and how to ensure this information is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Learning the negotiation skills necessary to settle claims.
- Working on ad-hoc research and project work to provide the Claims Adjusters with information they need to make informed decisions.
- Assisting with the production of full and accurate data for regular reports and meetings.
- Ensuring the Claims team and/or other colleagues are kept fully aware of any key issues and developments so they can be proactively managed.
- Learning to work with AXA XL’s international offices to maximise collaboration opportunities.
- Assisting with the maintaining of up-to-date knowledge of key Insurance and market issues.
- Ensuring that, as an AXA XL employee, you are representing the AXA XL organisation in a professional and appropriate manner including adherence to all external and internal regulatory and statutory policies and procedures
Our Commitments:At AXA XL our Commitments are very important and are the key to our future success. It’s only by living them every day that we will unlock the huge potential of our company to navigate the challenges of today while creating solutions for tomorrow. We are all part of a bigger picture, and we should all strive to:
- Do what’s right
Embrace differences and respect diversity. Build relationships on trust, consideration and integrity.
- Make it better
Be open to the new. Give our best, all the time. Around the world and locally. Continuous Improvement, bigger ideas, wiser decisions, better results.
- Be future-focused
Think creatively, innovate and always have a positive eye on the future.
Build solid partnerships, outside and in. Search for the best answers with and for our clients. Take it seriously. Make it fun.
- Be accountable
Work with an entrepreneurial spirit. Take initiative, see things through, know it matters.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- A highly driven self-motivated individual, with a strong desire to challenge and deliver.
- Be focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time.
- It is vital to be able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form). This applies to interactions within your team, within other areas of the business, and with brokers and external vendors.
- Committing to the customer in order for us to achieve superior client service.
- Comfortable taking ownership for own work, identifying the need for action (using initiative) whilst working effectively within a team.
- Ability to multi task and to prioritise workload whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally/externally), establishing credibility amongst a wide client group.
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information.
- Good negotiation skills and problem solving abilities.
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
Application Process and Time frames:
- Application submission with CV to: Jenny.McKenna@axaxl.com
- Application submission please submit by: 12th July 2019