Apprentice Insurance Broker
At North County Brokers Ltd we have been helping our customers look after their insurance needs for over 20 years. We are a well-established insurance broker and have a reputation for reliability and efficiency and are committed to our customers.
About the Apprenticeship Programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on
the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join North County Brokers Ltd, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at North County Brokers Ltd. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
Insurance Broker Role
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
Responsibilities of Insurance Brokers;
- gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers;
- advise your clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients; keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with underwriters, surveyors, structural engineers and other professionals;
- keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have meticulous attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in North County Brokers Ltd:
- Competitive salary
- Education and development support
- Experienced and Helpful Team around you
- Opportunity to learn a broad spectrum of risks and covers
- We contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge), to be paid back to us if course is not completed
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements -documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information on entry level requirements can be viewed earnandlearn.ie
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Time frames:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: 10/05/2019
- Planned start date (indicate a range): 01/06/2019 – 01/07/2019