Zurich is one Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand, Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
About the Apprentice programme:
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship is an ‘earn and learn’ degree programme, combining on-the-job training with academic study. The three-year, government supported programme leads to the full QFA and BA honours degree in Business and Insurance which allows apprentices to hit the ground running early in their career.
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship has been developed with the insurance industry and to meet the needs of modern insurance and financial service businesses.
Available nationally, the programme is open to businesses of all sizes. It is a three-year contractual commitment, funded by the government (HEA and SOLAS) and is structured so apprentices gain their regulatory licence – Professional Certificate in Financial Advice (APA) – by the end of year one and the Professional Diploma in Financial Advice (QFA) by the end of year two.
The off-the-job training is provided one day a week via distance learning. Apprentices stream live lectures in their workplace through, IT Sligo, which enables them to learn in real business environments.
As a Zurich Apprentice you will have responsibility for . . .
- Providing excellent customer service to our customers (primarily over the phone - delivering excellent customer service to customers and brokers)
- Responding to customer or broker queries in an efficiently and timely manner
- Organising information to support filing, data entry, ensuring records are maintained and accurate
- Building relationships in the team to ensure a positive culture and friendly environment
- Working with others to achieve the overall goals - being a team player during tasks
- Being responsible for your own personal development
- Completing your own training to achieve results
- Ensuring the tasks you do are compliant with company risk and compliance policies
- Undertaking a variety of tasks - that may change regularly
We are interested in you if you . . .
- are a highly motivated individual with energy and drive to succeed
- are a self-starter and can demonstrate initiative
- can demonstrate an enthusiastic, positive and friendly attitude
- are interested in delivering great customer service
- can demonstrate that you are a good team player
- can build and maintain relationships with others
- can demonstrate integrity in the work you undertake
- are interested in learning and developing
- can demonstrate attention to detail in your work
- are resilient to change and can demonstrate flexibility in how you approach work
- have an inquisitive mind and enjoy asking questions to learn
You are you eligible to apply. . .
- If you are under 23 years of age and have a minimum of 2 or more higher level grade C3s at leaving cert or a minimum of 4 grade Ds at Ordinary Level including Mathematics and English or Irish
- If you are under 23 years of age and have a FETAC level 5 qualification or higher
- If you are over the age of 23 on January 1st of the year of entry, you do not need to have met the educational criteria outlined above
What is the application process?
There are 4 stages of the application process (you will be notified after each stage if you are successful to move to the next one)
1) Submit your CV by 21st April 2019.
2) An online assessment will be sent to you and must be completed by 5th May 2019
3)If successful in your online assessment, you will be invited to participate in an online Competency Based Interview, which must be completed by 5th May 2019.
4) If successful in your online interview, you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre on Saturday 18th May in Zurich Insurance Plc, Limekiln House, Drinagh, Co. Wexford.
The assessment centre will run over a half day and will consist of 3 parts:
Part 1: Technical test assessing listening skills and attention to detail
Part 2: Group Exercise where we will assess your team work skills, motivation and communication
Part 3: Competency based interview with 2 hiring managers
If successful, the target start date for the programme will be Monday 6th August 2019.
Please visit https://www.zurich.ie/careers/apprenticeship-programme/ if you are interested in applying before 21st of April 2019.