Junior Life & Pensions Administrator
Mount Street Group is a dynamic financial services and professional trusteeship company. We pride ourselves on our ability to apply our in-depth knowledge and experience to the needs of our personal and corporate clients.We provide an excellent service to our growing number of clients and deal with many aspects of Financial Services including Savings, Investments, Protection and Pension needs.
We act as Financial Advisor on Group Pension & Risk Schemes. We are also professional Trustees on many Small Self-Administered Schemes and large Group Pension & Life Assurance Schemes.
About the Apprentice programme:
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship is an ‘earn and learn’ degree programme, combining on-the-job training with academic study. The three-year, government supported programme leads to the full QFA and BA honours degree in Business and Insurance which allows apprentices to hit the ground running early in their career.
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship has been developed with the insurance industry and to meet the needs of modern insurance and financial service businesses.
Available nationally, the programme is open to Life & Pension and broker businesses of all sizes. It is a three-year contractual commitment, funded by the government (HEA and SOLAS) and is structured so apprentices gain their regulatory licence – Professional Certificate in Financial Advice (APA) – by the end of year one and the Professional Diploma in Financial Advice (QFA) by the end of year two.
The off-the-job training is provided one day a week via distance learning. Apprentices stream live lectures in their workplace through, IT Sligo, which enables them to learn in real business environments.
Working as part of an experienced team you will be responsible for providing a high standard of administration to all of our Mount Street clients.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Operations Manager but will also have a Mentor as part of the Solas Apprenticeship programme.
About the Job Role:
The role, based in Sandymount, will involve achieving new and existing business goals and supporting the Operations Manager in providing a high quality service to clients.
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
What this role entails:
- Help to provide an efficient, professional service to meet all personal client expectations
- Working towards managing portfolio of Group Pension clients including dealing with member queries
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date personal client and group scheme records
- Assist with the Investment Oversight & Governance of all Group Pension & Small Self-Administered Schemes
- Communicate effectively with all clients and ensure a record is kept of each call or interaction as they occur.
- Assist Financial Advisors with all new business transactions and ongoing client reviews which will include the preparation of individual client portfolio summaries.
- Identify areas where the service to clients/members could be improved
- Be responsible for your workflow and ongoing tasks to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Assist Operations Manager in any tasks as required
You must be;
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for your QFA qualification at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Benefits of Working in Mount Street Group
- Competitive salary
- Performance related Bonus
- Generous holiday allowance
- Inclusion in the Company Life Cover & PHI Scheme
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Leaving certificate with evidence of grades awarded in each subject
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study for my QFA at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application Process and Timeframes:
- Application submission with CV to: email@example.com
- Application submission please submit by: 31st May 2019
- Planned start date (indicate a range): ASAP