Global Broking Team Apprentice (3 positions)
Aon Corporation is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human capital consulting. With more than 50,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon readily delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. Aon’s industry-leading global resources and technical expertise are delivered locally through more than 500 offices in over 120 countries.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
What is the Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme?
The Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship is an ‘earn and learn’ degree programme that combines on-the-job training with academic study. Developed by The Insurance Institute and representatives from across the industry, the three-year programme leads to a BA (Hons) in Insurance Practice from IT Sligo. For more information, including the module and semester details: Click here
What can you expect as an Aon Apprentice?
The Aon Apprenticeship Programme provides an outstanding opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviors to become a valuable contributor to the success of our business while developing your own rewarding career as an Insurance Professional.
Don’t take our word for it – check out what our inaugural apprentice has to say about her experience so far! Click Here
The academic element of the programme includes online lectures, some face to face teaching and some group work during each semester. This typically totals 1 day per week, facilitated within Aon’s premises.
You will be assigned an assessor to mark and confirm the achievement of learning outcomes, and a Mentor to guide and support you through the three year programme.
Aon apprentices also have full access to the online repository of training courses held on Aon University, providing access to an additional training in a wide range of skills.
The programme will provide a number of rotations to facilitate a rounded learning experience as part of a Global Broking team; gaining insight and in-depth knowledge to the solutions that Aon offers its clients.
- Supporting Account Directors and Servicers will ensure exposure to experienced professionals and a broad product and market knowledge
- Participation and attendance in client/broker meetings
- Gaining insights to various clients and their specific requirements .
What we’re looking for?
The insurance industry apprenticeship programme has some basic eligible criteria, outlined below. Beyond that, we’re looking for candidates who are:
- highly motivated individual with energy and drive to succeed
- are a self-starter and can demonstrate initiative
- can demonstrate an enthusiastic, positive and friendly attitude
- are interested in delivering great customer service
- can demonstrate that you are a good team player, ability to build and maintain relationships
- can demonstrate integrity in the work you undertake
- are resilient to change and can demonstrate flexibility in how you approach work
- have an inquisitive mind and enjoy asking questions to learn
Health and Wellbeing
We have one apprenticeship placed reserved to work with our Health and Wellbeing team – to assist in the development and implementation of our offer to clients (i.e. to reduce risk associated with health and well-being). This represents and exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for health/fitness/wellbeing to combine your interest with a professional career within the risk management/insurance industry. A qualification relating to nutrition/fitness/health would be an advantage.
Are you Eligible/ Do you meet the Criteria below?
- A minimum of 4 grade Ds at Ordinary Level and 2 Grade C3 at Higher Level.
- Leaving Certificate subjects must include Mathematics and English or Irish.
- An E grade in Higher Level Mathematics and a B2 in Foundation Mathematics is a minimum entry requirement.
- A minimum of 140 points is required for entry to all Level 8 courses. If you are under 23 years of age and have a Fetac level 5 qualification or higher, with 3 distinction grades?
- If you are over the age of 23 on January 1st, you do not need to have meet the educational criteria outlined above
What do I do next?
Contact Lisa - the Talent Acquisition Specialist if you would like to find out more about the programme or discuss the process in confidence. You can contact Lisa on: email@example.com
Further programme details: https://www.earnandlearn.ie
What you can expect from us
- City Centre location with competitive remuneration and attractive range of benefits geared to attract the very best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Start date for the apprenticeship is 1st June.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success.
All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.