Insurance Apprentice (Multiple Positions)
As the trusted insurance partner to over 500,000 customers across the island of Ireland, Allianz plc has built a local and global brand based on trust, integrity and outstanding customer service for over one hundred years.
Allianz plc has been proud to be a part of the Apprenticeship programme since its creation in 2016 and currently employs Insurance Apprentices in roles across Direct Client Advice, Claims and Underwriting.
If you would like to join the Apprenticeship programme within Allianz Direct, we would love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues in a fun, challenging and dynamic team as an Apprentice in Allianz Direct you will receive extensive introduction to insurance training, consistent development to hone your skills and ongoing performance coaching to support your success.
During the three year programme you will also obtain a Level 8 business degree with IT Sligo, achieve the CIP exams and have the opportunity to build your career with the Allianz group, who employ over 140,000 people in over 70 countries worldwide and over 550 people at our location in Elm Park.
- Achieve sales, service and customer satisfaction metrics as agreed with your manager
- Quote and convert new business opportunities
- Explore and convert cross sell and multi cover opportunities
- Support your team to achieve their goals, through sharing knowledge and developing expertise
- Process policy adjustments as requested by our customers
- Consistently demonstrate our People Attributes of customer and market excellence, collaborative leadership, trust and entrepreneurship
- Exceed customer expectations and achieve targeted customer NPS scores
- Proactively anticipate customer issues and take appropriate action
- Continually improve quality and efficiency within the Team
- Adhere to company quality and underwriting standard
- Comply with the Financial Regulator’s Minimum Competency Code, Consumer Protection Code and any other relevant regulations
**The Apprenticeship programme is a work based learning programme and requires timely submission of on the job assessments, attendance at and successful attainment of IT Sligo and CIP exams as part of the programme. **
Minimum Entry Level Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Key Requirements / Skills & Experience
To be considered for the Allianz Direct Apprenticeship, applicants must meet the minimum entry requirements as set out by the III/IT Sligo, and will demonstrate the Allianz People Attributes at interview.
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying:
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
- Can I contribute €600 annually for three years (reduced student registration charge)?
To be considered for this position, please follow the LINK to the Allianz Careers Webpage and complete an online application. Please ensure CV includes leaving cert and college results.