Sales Adviser - Personal Lines
Acorn Insurance is an Irish owned company based in Galway City set up in 2012 and is part of the Acorn Life Group. We are dedicated to achieving excellence through delivering a superior customer experience nationwide by offering access to quality products, service and value for money in the Irish General Insurance Market.
Our aim is to become a one stop shop for all your insurance needs from
- Home Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Van Insurance
- Commercial Business
We pride ourselves on providing great value products and services to meet clients’ needs and aspirations.
We are 100% committed to providing all our clients with a consistently high level of client service by providing our own in house Customer Care & Claims team to look after them throughout the year.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and CIP/QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Acorn Insurance, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Acorn Insurance. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
About the role
We currently have a role available within our Personal Lines department and are interested in hearing from people who wish to develop a career within Acorn Insurance as a Sales Advisor. Reporting to a team leader, you will work as part of a high performing sales team building a professional rapport with customers when arranging their motor, home and commercial motor insurance in line with our procedures and central bank requirements
If you have a flair for sales and are a target focused individual you will enjoy working in our sales team.
As a sales advisor your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Working in the sales team you will be responsible for following up on quotations and completing sales for motor, home and commercial insurance products over the phone.
- You will work in a target driven environment and will be rewarded with a competitive sales bonus on a monthly basis for meeting or exceeding your monthly targets
- Identify and develop calls likely to result in new business
- Identify cross-selling prospects for additional products and arrange follow-up calls with customers for future sales opportunities
- Convert quotations into sales in order to exceed team targets
- Contacting targeted renewals to drive retention targets
- Build rapport & relationships with our potential and existing customers.
- Issuing motor, home and commercial motor insurance new business quotations and closing sales.
- Achieving new business targets, including generating leads for personal lines where the opportunity arises.
- Dealing with client queries and providing excellent levels of service to our clients.
- Adhering to all compliance requirements
- Focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Willing to be part of a team
- Committing to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Strong relationship building skills
- Aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Good negotiation skills
- Problem solving abilities
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application process and time frames
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Claire on 1890 800 222