From September 2018, our academic qualifications will be awarded by IT Sligo and the APA and CIP professional designations will continue to be awarded by ourselves, The Insurance Institute.
All students registering for exams from September 2018 must adhere to the Academic Rules and Regulations of IT Sligo to ensure our professional designations and underlying academic qualifications remain on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications) and meet all the legislative requirements of the Central Bank Minimum Competency Code 2017.
Changes to entry requirements:
* There are specific entry requirements which all new students registering for their first exam from September 2018 must meet:
- If you are 23 or over on the 1st January 2018 you can sit all exams.
- If you are under 23 on the 1st January 2018, or the year you join as a member, you will be asked to provide additional information as part of the registration process.
- All students will be asked to provide their PPS number, country of birth and nationality. This is a legal requirement of the Higher Education Authority and IT Sligo.
* Please note that all lectures, tutorials, practical work and examinations are delivered in English. It is vitally important that learners who are not native English speakers hold the required standard to ensure they gain maximum value from their studies.
A level 5 qualification in English is strongly recommended which will allow you to understand, communicate, read, listen and write in English.