Life Assurance, Pensions & Mortgage Broker
We are a Cork based financial services brokerage, an established financial services company, providing professional Mortgage, Life and Pension Advice to its clients, are seeking someone ambitious to join their team on a full-time basis.
About the Apprentice programme
We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual(s) who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional. This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
While on the programme, in addition to gaining on the job insurance experience, you will complete the insurance industry professional qualifications APA and QFA as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Insurance Practice (Apprenticeship) which is Level 8 on the NFQ awarded by IT Sligo.
When you join Absolute Finance, you will receive a tailored induction and will be assigned a business supervisor and mentor to provide support throughout the scheme.
We will work with you to enable you to reach your development goals and aspirations for your career at Absolute Finance. In return, we expect you to bring the commitment and drive to add significant value to the company.
As an apprentice you will gain in-depth knowledge of risks and the insurance market in order to arrange suitable policies & cover for your clients. You will learn how to be an effective intermediary between our clients and insurance companies.
About the role
- gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile;
- research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for your clients at the best price;
- ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations;
- foresee your clients' insurance needs, such as policy renewals or amendments;
- advise your clients on whether and when they need to make a claim on their policies;
- arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases;
- build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients;
- keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence;
- develop relationships with broker development managers, underwriters and other professionals within mortgage lenders, life assurance, pensions and investment provider companies.;
- keep up with changes in the pensions, life assurance market and mortgage markets on behalf of your clients;
The Role initially will include:
- Data entry and file management.
- Helping with Packaging and submitting of Mortgage applications to all lenders.
- Providing full administration support to the Mortgage Broker.
- A mix of general office management duties and responsibilities.
- Answering calls and dealing with clients queries in relation to paperwork required.
- Be focused, diligent & be committed to work and studying for a level 8 education programme at the same time
- Be able to communicate effectively (in both written and verbal form)
- Be willing to be part of a team
- Be committed to the customer
- Take ownership & accountability for own actions and responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and time management
- Have the ability to manage own work load
- Have strong relationship building skills
- Have an aptitude to make real time decisions based on changing information
- Have good negotiation skills
- Be capable of Problem solving
- Be committed to further continuous development with sponsorship towards a QFA
- Our ideal team member will have previous office administration experience with some experience in a financial services environment a bonus, fluent in English and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- They will have a systematic approach and strong administrative skills as well as being fully proficient in MS Office software
Benefits of Working in Absolute Finance
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme in due course
- Generous holiday allowance
- Education and development support
- Free parking
- Convenient location
Minimum Entry Level Requirements
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements - documented interview required
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders*
- Between 18 and under 23 years – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include two honours in higher level paper and passes in Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
- *More information can be viewed on the III website https://www.earnandlearn.ie/
Interested applicants should ask themselves the following key questions before applying
- Do I meet the minimum entry level requirements?
- Can I commit to a three year contract of apprenticeship?
- Do I have the self-motivation and time management skills to study at a BA (Hons) level and work at the same time?
- Can I be diligent and committed to all aspects of work, training and education?
- Do I have the ability to communicate effectively both with customers and in a team?
- Can I take ownership and accountability for my own actions and responsibilities?
Application process and time frames
- Application submission with CV to: Absolute Finance, Acorn Business Centre, Mahon Industrial Park, Blackrock, Cork
- Application submission, please submit by: 22nd August 2019
- Planned start date: Ranging between 4th and 9th September 2019